Jeffrey S. Flashman, Of Counsel
Mr. Flashman is recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV rated attorney, which is the highest available rating.
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall College of Law.
B.A., Economics and Philosophy, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT.
State Bar of California.
Admitted to practice before all Federal Courts in California.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENT EXPERIENCE
- Participated in trial that resulted in verdict of $97.3 million, including $75 million in punitive damages, in which one of defendants was controlled by California gubernatorial candidate.
- Obtained settlement for clients that had executed over $16 million in notes to bank for less than $100,000 based on bank's misconduct in securing notes.
- Obtained large confidential settlement in product liability case against major international manufacturer and airline during presentation of plaintiffs' case to jury.
- Obtained judgment in excess of $325,000 in slander of title to real property action.
- Obtained favorable settlement in excess of $600,000 during presentation of clients' case in arbitration regarding breach of contract and specific performance of securities agreement with publicly traded company.
- Settled $2 million breach of contract case for $12,000 after winning summary adjudication on most causes of action.
- Obtained numerous judgments in court trials of business cases.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of client in legal malpractice action against one of the largest law firms in the country.
- Obtained judgment by way of demurrer in case involving business dispute between a lawyer and his former client.
- Prevailed in defense of numerous professional liability actions, including accountants, physicians and attorneys, by way of trial or summary judgment.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous commercial and residential unlawful detainer actions.
- Successfully prosecuted numerous actions for transfers of property in fraud of creditors, both in State Court and Bankruptcy Court.